Nelson Rutherford, CPA/PFS, CFP® is a people person. As the founder and president of Evergreen Financial Advisors, Nelson is able to devote himself to his passion--personal financial planning and investment management. Having retired from being a senior partner of Alten Sakai & Company in 2017, Nelson has helped individuals and families with their tax planning and preparation, retirement plan design and consulting, and personal financial planning in a career that spans more than four decades. He has also assisted trustees and sponsors in managing their retirement plan, charitable, institutional and beneficiary wealth.
- Credentials: CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, and a CPA with Personal Financial Specialist (PFS) credentials.
- Associations and Degrees: Member of the Oregon Society of CPAs, and the Financial Planning Association of Oregon and SW Washington. Bachelor's degree in Business Administration.
- Personality: Expect honest money management advice, plainly presented. Growing up on a central California ranch, Nelson is generous, gregarious, a good listener and a visionary thinker.
- People: Married to Linda since 1970; three children, eight grandchildren. The family still gathers in Sunriver annually, as they have for years.
- Community/Interests: Passionate about supporting education and financial literacy through Financial Beginnings. Avid fisherman and advocate for the Association of Northwest Steelheaders.