Nelson Rutherford, CPA/PFS, CFP® is a people person — founder and president of Evergreen Financial Advisors. He also is the senior partner of Alten Sakai & Company through December 2017, after which he will retire from Alten Sakai and dedicate himself full-time to Evergreen. For more than four decades, Nelson has helped individuals and families with their tax planning and preparation, retirement plan design and consulting, and personal financial planning. He's also assisted trustees and sponsors in managing their retirement plan, charitable, institutional and beneficiary wealth. Transitioning from a Big Four accounting firm, he joined Alten Sakai in 1970 and has never looked back.
- Credentials: CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, and a CPA with Personal Financial Specialist (PFS) credentials.
- Associations and Degrees: Member of the Oregon Society of CPAs, and the Financial Planning Association of Oregon and SW Washington. Bachelor's degree in Business Administration.
- Personality: Expect honest money management advice, plainly presented. Growing up on a central California ranch, Nelson is generous, gregarious, a good listener and a visionary thinker.
- People: Married to Linda since 1970; three children, eight grandchildren. The family still gathers in Sunriver annually, as they have for years.
- Community/Interests: Passionate about supporting education and financial literacy through Financial Beginnings. Avid fisherman and advocate for the Association of Northwest Steelheaders.